Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Query for IsPrimary, IsPrivate, Proof, and Status in EventTable

This is a very simple query and it does precisely what the title says. It lists all facts where any of IsPrimary, IsPrivate, Proof, or Status in EventTable are not zero. It lists all such facts, no matter if they are individual facts or family facts. It always lists the name of the fact. For individual facts, it lists the RIN for the person. For family facts, it lists the FatherID and the MotherID. If you wanted to use it seriously, you might want to change it slightly to make it look more specifically for some particular data of interest.

The genesis of this little query is that while I was using RM10 in the normal way, I accidentally turned on IsPrimary for the current fact I was working on. I immediately turned it back off, but it made me wonder if I might have turned on any of these flags by accident through the years. The query did return 19 hits, and it made me remember that I turned on a few of the flags on purpose and that some of them must have been turned on by accident. In any case, a query such as this helps to compensate for the fact that the RM user interface doesn't provide much of anything in the way of tools to search or manage these flags.

Jerry

Uploaded files:
kevync has reacted to this post.
kevync

I have a theory about this -- and it might have  something to do with what I reported awhile back. Note sure I can demonstrate that on demand it might have to do with the layout of the entry screen and the location of "proof" which has appeared in different order and may relate to some users have proof  "dis proven" being accidentally set.