- 1Won't run?
- 2Screenshots From a Modified Build
- 3Discussions & comments from Wikispaces site
- 3.1Congrats! but no process
- 3.2Why Visual C#? Which wrapper?
- 3.3New Wiki for Apps?
- 3.5Compiled my own version
- 3.6Bug with Leaves
- 3.7Inline comment: "4-bit version of Windows"
- 4Inline comments
- 4.1Comment: 64 bit success for me! But do not use...
The RMSplit C# program below allows you to create a group in RootsMagic5 which contains a selected person, their ancestors, and a selected number of “leaves” (collateral lines us a given depth). If you choose one leaf, you will get children of everyone in the direct line (and their spouses if that is checked). If you choose two leaves, you will also get the children and parents of those in the first leaf, and so forth. Once the group is created in RootsMagic 5, you can then use the group to create reports for that group or export just the people in that group to a GEDCOM file. There are two files below. RMSplitBinary.zip has the files you need to install the program on your computer. Unzip the file to a directory on your computer and then run SETUP.EXE from that directory. There is internal documentation in the program. RMSplitSource.zip has the C# source code necessary to build your own version. I developed the code using Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express and System.Data.SQLite from http://system.data.sqlite.org/.
The usual caveats apply to using this program:
- I am the only one who has tested this so far. Please try it on a backup copy of your database to make sure it works for you.
- You are welcome to modify and use the source code in your own projects, but please give me credit for the part I wrote.
- This is not supported by RootsMagic and has only been tested on the current version of RootsMagic 5 as of 3 Jan 2012. (caveat emptor)
(The previous binary didn’t work for many users. Please leave a message and let me know whether this one works for you. There are two binary files to choose from. Use RmSplitbinary64.zip if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows and RmSplitBinary32 if you are running a 32-bit version of Windows.)
Author: R. Steven Turley
Probably the same problem and solution as described for RMtrix.
These are from ve3meo’s variant.
|Select Person Form called from the Main screen Change Root Person button. The full name list includes alternate names and birth-death years. On opening it defaults to the first name.
|Typing some letters filters the name list to only those containing the string. Click on any one to select it.