Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Chit-chatOwnerID in CitationTable
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

OwnerID in CitationTable

Hi,

I wanted to group certain people based on their usage of a source (and split in smaller groups depending on other fields).

I have a query to update my group of people where Master Source "National Archive" is used but it updates the group with wrong people since the OwnerID from CitationTable is not the OwnerID from NameTable (my database being <4500 people, it is not normal I got 7312 as an OwnerID in CitationTable).

Is there any relationship between CitationTable and OwnerID in NameTable?

NameTable.OwnerID is not unique. Any records for which NameTable.IsPrimary is True are Primary ("preferred" in other systems) names. All others are Alternate Names. The PersonTable.PersonID is the NameTable.OwnerID and is exposed in the RM UI as "Record Number (RIN)".

Under the Database category, you will find a page or two on RM's data definitions as u

Spoiler
Spoiler
nderstood by me and other contributors over the years. That will help you design your queries. Glad to see your interest and efforts.

Tom

Kamolga has reacted to this post.
Kamolga

Thank you, I could limit the perimeter of my research (#datadefinitions is great) and came to the conclusion

CitationTable.OwnerID is related to the EventTable.EventID

Adding EventTable.OwnerID to the group gave me the right people

I had also many questions about dates (but was afraid to pollute the forums with all of them) which found answers in the Google sheet. Thanks!