This page provides an overview of the utilities available on this wiki that may help you with your migration of a TMG Project to a RootsMagic database. An example of what TMG Refugee Mike James did is described at https://lists.rootsweb.com/hyperkitty/list/tmg-refugees.rootsweb.com/thread/199856/. It is important to note that there may be considerable cleanup and data manipulation to be done in TMG first in order to have as complete a data transfer as possible because RootsMagic does not replicate all the features of TMG.
These pages have been tagged “TMG” because they apply to artefacts in databases imported from TMG:
- Events – Move Short Note to Description
- Notes Invisible Revealed
- RMpi GEDCOM Pre-Import Tweaker for RootsMagic
- Sources – Unreverse Author Names
- TMG to RootsMagic Migration
- TMG-RM Check for False Spousal Event Sentences
- TMG-RM Convert TMG_ID to Record Number
- TMG-RM Convert TMG_ID to Reference Number
- TMG-RM Fact Sentence Tweaks
- TMG-RootsMagic Sentence Variables & Format Codes
Of course, once your TMG data is in a RootsMagic database, you are able to apply any of the 200-some SQLite queries available here and to develop your own.