Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Identify Spouses of Relatives Missing From Set Relationships

PreviousPage 2 of 2

adding that the fix may have come from this

Fixed: DNA Kinship List sorted half relationships mixed with the equivalent full relationship

After reviewing the comments in this thread (thanks to all!!), I've done some additional testing of PersonTable.Flags against my test dbs and updated the RM10 Data Dictionary project doc with the info below.

I also updated the Relationship tab of the project workbook with what I believe to be a way to calculate the relationship based on the values of the PersonTable.Relate1, Relate2, and Flags columns. (The intent is to help people get their head around the relationship calculation versus writing an actual calculation query.)

I am holding off on pushing these changes to the webpage so please let me know if I've missed anything or if there is a better way to describe the calculations going on.

PersonTable.Flags
Prefix description added to Set Relationship display as defined by Relate1/Relate2 calculation:
0 = No prefix descriptor
1 = "Half"
2 = "Spouse of" male blood relation (ie display uses "Father, Uncle, Cousin")
3 = "Spouse of half" male blood relation (ie display uses "Father, Uncle, Cousin")
6 = "Spouse of" female blood relation (ie display uses "Mother, Aunt, Cousin")
7 = "Spouse of half" female blood relation (ie display uses "Mother, Aunt, Cousin")
10 = "Spouse of" blood relation where sex is unknown (ie display uses "Mother/Father, Aunt/Uncle, Cousin")

The Relationship value can be calculated as follows using the Wikipedia Table of Consanguinity .
1. View the Wikipedia Table of Consanguinity
2. Move the number of columns to the right = to the value of Relate2 (This is the # of Ancestor generations from the person defined in Tools>Set Relationships)
3. Move the number of rows down = to the value of Relate1 (This is the # Descendant generations from the Relate2 generation)
4. Add Person.Flags label prefix as appropriate.

Tom Holden and kevync have reacted to this post.
Tom Holdenkevync

Thanks Kevin McL.

PreviousPage 2 of 2